Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tired and Home at last

Monday was a long day of travel. We started with our last breakfast at the hotel in Tel Aviv, customs and security at Ben Gurion airport and a long flight to Newark. I'm thankful to get some work done along the way (emails, planning of some messages, etc) and I watched Escape from Alcatraz (Clint Eastwood) and Get Smart. The Newark connection to Detroit was behind in schedule so we did not get in until 12:30 AM. But my faithful chauffeurs, Bob & Mary Jo were there to pick me up and get me home at about 3:30 AM. I doubt I was a very good conversationalist, but they graciously drove over to deliver me. Thanks! so much!!! My plan is to acclimate to Grand Rapids time zone, but I think the more difficult will be the weather. Sunday I was swimming in the Dead Sea and sweating by climbing up to the En Gedi pools. Today I will probably get to shovel snow. Where is my snowsuit??? This morning I had sausage and eggs for breakfast, I haven't had pork in quite a while - it just kind of hit me as to why. Shalom!

I'm putting up this video, maybe it will work from home. I had originally thought it would work as a greeting from Israel. OOps it didn't work again. Oh well.

Great to be home and see my fam, now back to church and get ready for a great Christmas. NB, we did not see many Christmas decoration or hear many Christmas carols but I'm sure I will get overload soon.

3 comments:

Jim and Ann said...

Welcome Home Pastor!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear your stories about your trip!!

Anonymous said...

Rob, so glad you are home safely. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Love you
P